Unlike like acupuncture or deep tissue massage which compresses the muscles and tissues, cupping therapy decompresses by gently pulling the tissues outwards by using suction.
The benefits of silicone cups as opposed to glass cupping:
- I am able to control the level of suction of the cups to my clients needs
- I can manoeuvre the silicone cups across the muscle to cover a wide area as opposed to just one section of the muscle
- Cupping improves blood circulation to the muscle
- Cupping helps lymphatic circulation to the muscle
- Cupping can be used for injuries for example improving blood circulation to the injured area for a faster recovery but also clearing waste products and toxins that may still be in the area causing further damage to tissues